POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : OK I give up : Re: OK I give up Server Time
9 Aug 2024 13:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OK I give up
From: Michael Andrews
Date: 23 Aug 2000 07:56:54
Message: <39A3BBC7.2333BA49@reading.ac.uk>
WOW! Someone still finds these clouds useful? Pardon me while I pick
myself up off the floor. :-)

I haven't had time to do much rendering recently (ie the last six months
or so) and my cloud studies have seriously fallen by the wayside. I
almost produced an entry for the IRTC this time, the basic scene was
finished a month ago, but then things got busy and I haven't touched it
since. I'll keep it on my active projects list, but I don't know if I'll
ever get it to a 'finished' state ...

I've experimented, with very limited success, in producing single
cumulus/thunder head/storm cell cloud forms using isosurfaces. Nothing
very useful or workable I'm afraid. I still think about the problem when
I see a nice sunset or towering rain cloud, trying to imagine how to
produce the form and sheer variation in cloud texture that you see, but
ideas have been few and far between.

Please don't give up on the idea, maybe just put it on the back burner
for a few months. I'm sure the capability is there, it just needs
teasing out of obscurity ...

Bye for now,
	Mike Andrews.